News and Announcements
Have you been assigned to manage the grounds at a Pasadena Southwest Little League field?
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- If there is standing water on the field, it is probably not a good idea to practice on it, especially in high traffic areas such as home plate or first base. Use Quick Dry and field conditioner to fix any puddles. At the Allendale Park field, these materials are located in the shed. Use them as needed. If they are running low, let a league official know.
- If you are the last team using Allendale Park field, you must drag the field. This is necessary because overnight the dew builds up and if the field has not been dragged, cleat marks set in the clay. Also, keep in mind that you can’t drag the infield enough, so don’t be shy.
- Keep the clay off the grass. Clay kills grass. If needed, sweep the edges of the grass with a broom and/or rake as well as the infield and also the outfield lip.
- When you remove the covers from home plate and the mound, roll them, pick them up, and carry them off the field. Do not drag them across the grass. Again, clay kills grass. The covers are heavy, so if you can’t manage them by yourself, get help from others.
- Pick up any and all litter, including in the dugouts, around the field as well as around the snack shack and playgrounds at Allendale. Pick up anything on the ground that is man-made and shouldn’t be there.
Pasadena Southwest Little League’s Opening Day ceremony scheduled for today, March 2, at Allendale Park has been canceled due to the rain. The Opening Day ceremonies will not be rescheduled.
UPDATE: Due to the inclement weather, all games scheduled for Sunday, March 3, have also been canceled. As a result, there will be no Pasadena Southwest Little League games on the weekend of March 2-3.
Play Ball! The 2019 Pasadena Southwest Little League season is underway. Stay up to date with the latest news.
The iconic Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream is supporting Pasadena Southwest Little League on March 2. Order your favorite flavors at the store at 561 S. Lake Ave. and mention PSWLL at the register and a portion of the sale will be donated to the league.
For more information, contact 626-795-9356.
Tomato Pie Piza Joint at 1130 Mission Street in South Pasadena will show its support to Pasadena Southwest Little League on March 2. The restaurant will donate a portion of the proceeds from bills ordered by anyone who shows the flyer attached to this post and mentions PSWLL.
Doesn’t matter what time you decide to dine-in, take-out or order delivery from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., just mention PSWLL on March 2 and you will be supporting our league and a great local restaurant with the East Coast flavor.
Check out their menu at www.tomatopiepizzajoint.com/menu-southpas.
For more information, contact 626-399-0459.