Tips On Management Of PSWLL Fields
Posted by Pasadena Southwest Little League on Mar 05 2019 at 12:48PM PST
Have you been assigned to manage the grounds at a Pasadena Southwest Little League field?
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- If there is standing water on the field, it is probably not a good idea to practice on it, especially in high traffic areas such as home plate or first base. Use Quick Dry and field conditioner to fix any puddles. At the Allendale Park field, these materials are located in the shed. Use them as needed. If they are running low, let a league official know.
- If you are the last team using Allendale Park field, you must drag the field. This is necessary because overnight the dew builds up and if the field has not been dragged, cleat marks set in the clay. Also, keep in mind that you can’t drag the infield enough, so don’t be shy.
- Keep the clay off the grass. Clay kills grass. If needed, sweep the edges of the grass with a broom and/or rake as well as the infield and also the outfield lip.
- When you remove the covers from home plate and the mound, roll them, pick them up, and carry them off the field. Do not drag them across the grass. Again, clay kills grass. The covers are heavy, so if you can’t manage them by yourself, get help from others.
- Pick up any and all litter, including in the dugouts, around the field as well as around the snack shack and playgrounds at Allendale. Pick up anything on the ground that is man-made and shouldn’t be there.